Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies

My favorite cookie!  These are super easy to make!


Add sugar, cocoa, and milk to a medium sized sauce pan and mix together over medium heat.  Once the ingredients are well incorporated, add the butter and bring to a boil.  I like to slice my  butter into 8 tablespoons.


The trick to no bake cookies is cooking it at the right temperature, for the right amount of time.  If you cook it too long, the cookies will be crumbly.  If you don't cook it long enough, they won't set up right.  So make sure you don't go above medium or medium high heat while waiting for it to boil.

I love how it looks like a deep liquid bronze as you're stirring.


Once it comes to a boil, let it boil for one minute, stirring the entire time.  After the minute is up, turn off the burner and add the peanut butter and vanilla, and stir until the peanut butter is well incorporated.    You could remove your pan from the burner, but I leave my on the burner so it still continues to cook a bit while I dissolve the peanut butter.


Then add the oats.


You'll want to have your aluminum foil or waxed paper ready beforehand, so you can immediately begin forming the cookies.


Drop by spoonfuls until you're out of cookie mixture.  Let cool for about 5 minutes.


I think you know my drink of choice to go with these.  But, since I've quit drinking soda, I'll stick with milk.


Enoy!

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups sugar
4 TB cocoa
1/2 cup butter (make sure it's cold, not room temp!)
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups oats

Add the sugar, cocoa, and milk to the pan and mix together over medium heat, then add the butter and bring to a boil.

Once it comes to a boil, let it boil for 1 minute then remove the mixture from the heat and add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by spoonfuls and let set until hardened and cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment