Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Granola

My breakfasts need to be fast. Super fast.  I get sick of eating cereal all the time.  Also, it's waaaay too tempting to eat the sugary (aka dessert) cereals when I get bored of the healthy ones.  So, this week I decided to make some granola.

It's so easy!

4 cups oats
1/2 cup nuts (I used almonds, and put them in the food processor until they were chopped to the size I wanted)
1/4 cup flax seed
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
a handful or two of crasins
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon vanilla

Combine oats, nuts, flax seed, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and crasins in a large bowl.

Place canola oil, honey and vanilla in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for one minute, then pour into oat mixture.  Mix until well combined.  Spread over a large baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes.

Remove from oven and leave on pan until the granola hardens.  Break it up and store it in a large air-tight container.

I like to eat it for breakfast with some vanilla honey yogurt and frozen fruit.  You could also eat it with milk, or plain, or however you want!  It is delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment